- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Well-drained to moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Flowers: June
- Flower Colour: Coral, Pink
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Herbaceous perennial
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 60cm
Nothing like any peony you have ever seen!
(Wissing 1964). The amazing colour changing peony! Semi double with many blooms held on strong stems. The buds open salmon pink and gradually change to orange and finally to yellow. This is a truly ravishing plant. These particular peonies thrive best in soils that are not too wet in the winter. Early flowering during May, before the traditional lactiflora types. A medium grower attaining a height approx 90cm. Plant it where your neighbours will see it!
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!