- Position: Full sun or partial shade in a sheltered position
- Soil: Fertile, moist but well-drained, acidic soil
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: White
- Hardiness: Frost hardy - may require some winter protection in colder areas
- Habit: Medium-sized, evergreen shrub
- Height & Spread: 2.5m x 1.5m
A medium-sized, evergreen shrub with shiny leaves, red when young, turning coppery green then dark green and bearing white bell-like flowers in clusters in spring. Pieris require acidic soil though they can be grown very successfully in containers with ericaceous compost.
Pieris japonica 'Mountain Fire'
You May Also Like…