- Position: Full sun, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: Purple, Red
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 400cm × 200cm
An absolutely stunning cultivar producing lightly scented, rich maroon tulip-shaped flowers in late spring. It has taken 15 years of breeding between M. x soulangeana and M. liliiflora to produce a plant that produces these astounding flowers that retain their colour well. It often produces a second flush of flowers later in the summer. Perfect for smaller gardens owing to its compact habit, this deciduous small tree is a welcome addition to any garden, creating some real elegance in late spring.