- Common Name: Alpine Aster, Alpine Daisy, Rock Aster
- Position: Full sun, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Well-drained, Chalk, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: May to July
- Flower Colour: Blue, Purple
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 30cm × 50cm
Spreading perennials with a neat and compact habit, providing lots of large, eye-catching blooms in early summer. Ideal for a mixed, sunny border or large patio container.
Winner of an RHS Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Sow: February to May (indoors) / May to July (outside)
Trim plants after flowering to help them clump-up.