- Common Name: Columbine, Granny's Bonnet
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, North-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 45cm
Charming and unusual aquilegia with long spurred flowers. This longer lived, slightly later flowering species is a great choice for sunny or partially shaded borders.
Winner of an RHS Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Sow: February to June (indoors) / April to June (outdoors)
Remove dead flower stems to encourage plants to clump up