- Common Name: Common Thyme, Garden Thyme, Pot-herb Thyme
- Synonyms: Thymus vulgaris 'German Winter'
- Position: Full sun, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Well-drained, Chalk, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink, Purple, White
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Evergreen, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 30cm × 30cm
Evergreen herb with wonderfully aromatic foliage and bearing masses of tiny white, pink and purple flowers from late spring to early summer. A must for every kitchen garden, but even if you don't use it, it makes a wonderful small shrub and looks great in rockeries.