- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink, White
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 60cm
(Klinkhamer 1987). A "triple-decker" peony. Large flat outer guard petals, with a middle layer of white petals. Topping all this is a frothing mass of narrower pink petaloids. The whole effect being that of a delectable dessert! Mid season flowering. Medium height to approx 90cm.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!