- Common Name: Paperbush
- Synonyms: Edgeworthia chrysantha f. rubra hort., Edgeworthia chrysantha 'Rubra'
- Position: Full sun to dappled shade
- Soil: Fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Flowers: January to March
- Flower Colour: Red-orange
- Hardiness: Hardy (though may require some winter protection in very cold areas)
- Habit: Deciduous shrub
- Height & Spread: 150cm × 150cm
A fairly new and scarcely seen variety producing woolly white buds opening to scented, red flowers in late winter and early spring. A wonderful addition to any sheltered garden, offering colourful flowers at a time when there is little else flowering.