- Common Name: Japanese tree peony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
Oukan is a relatively new cultivar, and is superficially similar in appearance to High Noon. However on closer inspection, the flowers are larger and rather more a paler lemon yellow. The red flares are an added adornment at the base of each petal. It's a spellbinding beauty and one that would grace its ground spectacularly. Makes a neat bushy shrub. Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!