- Common Name: Common box, European box, Abassian boxwood
- Position: Full shade, Partial shade, North-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Evergreen, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 500cm × 500cm
A slow-growing, evergreen shrub which makes an incredibly versatile garden plant. It's tight habit allows for it to be clipped easily either to form a formal, low hedge or into topiary shapes. It is happy growing in full sun, though with dry soil as well this can lead to leaf scorch, so regular watering would be recommended in such a situation. It will also benefit from a good foliar feed to encourage the leaves to maintain their deep green colour.
For large quantities or specific heights, please email us at [email protected] for more information and a quote.