- Common Name: Aubrietia
- Position: Full sun, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained, Chalk, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: Blue, Pink, Purple, Red
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe (-20 to -15)
- Habit: Evergreen, Mat-forming
- Height & Spread: 15cm × 60cm
Mat-forming plants create a carpet of flowers in late spring to early summer when bright colour is much needed in the garden. Perfect ground cover for a sunny location.
Winner of an RHS Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Sow: February to April (indoors) / April to June (outdoors)
Cut back after flowering to keep plants compact