- Common Name: Tawhiwi
- Position: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil: Moist but well-drained soil
- Flowers: Late spring and early summer
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Hardiness: Hardy - may require some winter protection in colder areas
- Habit: Small, evergreen shrub
- Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1m
A great evergreen shrub with purple, wavy leaves and dark stems. Certainly a striking plant for the border or grown as a specimen owing to its dense, rounded habit. Pittosporums generally are best planted in a slightly sheltered aspect to prevent damage from cold, drying winds.
Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Tom Thumb'
Kelways Guide to Pittosporums
How to care for your Pittosporums