- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of the UK and Northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 70cm × 60cm
(C.Klehm). Large blowsy blooms, everything a large double should be...and more, because its sweet fragrance will knock you out!. The blooms are a clear pale pink with large guard petals cupping a raised centre of fluffy petals. A row of pale yellow stamens form a middle ring towards the centre of the bloom. Mid season flowering, this peony is a shortie at around 70cm (28ins) and rarely needs staking.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…