- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of the UK and Northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 50cm
This is a really striking imperial type peony with shell pink guard petals, the colour almost air-brushed onto the petals. The centre of the flower is a mass of cream and rose pink petaloids, golden at the base and with green carpels. The leaves are a distinct paler green. An awesome plant and one your neighbours will surely ask about!. Midseason flowering and growing to about 90cm.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…