- Common Name: Hard fern, Deer fern, Herringbone fern, Northern fern, Rusty back, Snake fern
- Synonyms: Blechnum boreale, Blechnum heterophyllum
- Position: Full shade, Partial shade, North-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Poorly-drained, Clay, Loam, Acid, Neutral
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of the UK and Northern Europe
- Habit: Evergreen, Tufted
- Height & Spread: 50cm × 50cm
A lovely evergreen fern suitable for all aspects with narrow, spreading fronds with comb-like leaves.
Please note that Blechnums should only ever be watered with rainwater. Avoid watering using normal tap water as they will dislike this.