- Common Name: Feather reed grass
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, neutral
- Flowers: Summer, Autumn
- Flower Colour: Brown, Green, Purple, Yellow
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of the UK and Northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-fomring
- Height & Spread: 150cm × 60cm
A clump-forming, deciduous, perennial grass bearing panicles of purple-green flowers in summer through flat, green foliage with white stripes through the centre of the leaves.
Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Avalanche'