- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 60cm
Sublime it is not!
(Krekler 1965). Fantastic and distinct Japanese style peony with large mid pink guard petals, the centre is a huge frothing mass of orange and pink petaloids. Beautiful in its eccentricity. Midseason. Ht. 90cms.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!