- Common Name: Japanese tree peony
- Synonyms: Paeonia 'Hanakisoi'
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
One of the finest and most famous of all the tree peonies. Large semi double saucer shaped blooms with bright flesh pink petals. This has been a firm Kelway favorite for more than 100 years. The flowers have been known to be over 30cm in diameter on a mature plant and have to be seen to be believed! Mid season flowering. Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…