- Common Name: Corkscrew hazel, Harry Lauder's walking stick
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, North-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Winter, Spring
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 500cm × 500cm
A slow growing, large, deciduous shrub with unusual twisted stems and branches and bearing pedulous yellow catkins in late winter and early spring. A real showstopper of a plant.
Corylus avellana 'Contorta'