- Common Name: Sweet Alyssum
- Position: Full sun, East-facing, South-facing, Exposed, Sheltered
- Soil: Well-drained, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Hardiness: H3 - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK (-5 to 1)
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 15cm × 25cm
Compact, low growing mounds covered by a mass of long flowering fragrant little blooms, creating a carpet of intense colour. Ideal for a sunny patio or bedding display.
Winner of an RHS Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Sow: February to April (indoors) / March to May (outdoors)
Trim plants as flowers fade for a second flush of blooms