- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Summer
- Flower Colour: Red
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 60cm
(Seit 1937) A really sumptuous peony and one of the best in this hue. Deep ruby red double flowers that become more purple as they mature. Dark and lustrous foliage which adopts rich tints in the autumn. The flowers are held on strong stems, and are excellent for cutting. This is a taller growing variety to 90cm but is robust and rarely needs staking. Mid season flowering over a long period.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!