- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Well-drained to moist but well-drained soil
- Flowers: June to September
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Hardiness: Borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
- Habit: Herbaceous perennial
- Height & Spread: 200cm × 45cm
Ensure the root ball is thoroughly moist when planting and at the same level in the soil as it was in the container. Refill the planting hole with soil mixed with some compost and a sprinkling of bone meal. Firm well and water in. Protect from sharp frosts with a dry winter mulch.