- Common Name: Chocolate Cosmos
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Moderately fertile, mist but well-drained soil
- Flowers: June to September
- Flower Colour: Very dark red
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Habit: Half hardy perennial
- Height & Spread: 45cm x 30cm
A wonderful perennial with an even stronger chocolate fragrance than Cosmos atrosanguineus and also shorter growing so it doesn't need staking. To help it survive the winter the roots need protecting with a cloche or alternatively it can be lifted and stored in a frost-free environment.
Cosmos atrosanguineus Chocamocha = 'Thomocha' (PBR)
Please Note: Container-grown Cosmos can naturally be very floppy in habit. This is nothing to be concerned about when you receive your plant. Once in the ground, they become a much more stable plant. Please do not be worried if some of the outer stems become detatched in transit. This will have no detrimental effect on the future performance of the plant.