- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Synonyms: Paeonia officinalis 'Rubra Plena'
- Position: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Well-drained to moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Flowers: May
- Flower Colour: Red
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Herbaceous perennial
(Ancient origin) Granny's cottage garden peony. The peony that everybody knows or remembers! Deep red double blooms. Best given some support as the large flowers are extremely heavy. May flowering. Shorter variety growing to 50cm. A wonderful plant for evoking memories of times gone by.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Be Interested In…