- Common Name: Japanese tree peony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring
- Flower Colour: White
- Hardiness: Hardy throughout the UK even in severe winters
- Habit: Deciduous, Bushy
- Height & Spread: 120cm × 90cm
Rarely available and one of the elite of the entire tree peony family. Elegant blooms of pure milk white. In the centre of each flower a ring of golden stamens surrounds a single rich red carpel. Outstandingly beautiful in simplicity. Give this plant time to mature and it will captivate you everytime spring comes around. Height and spread after 8 years approx 120cm x 90cm.
How to plant and care for tree peonies
If you have never grown a tree peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!