- Common Name: Herbaceous Peony, Paeony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink, Yellow
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 80cm × 60cm
(Sass 1949). One of the most reliable and rewarding of all the japanese style peonies, this cultivar has fuchsia pink guard petals with a rich centre of rosy pink petaloids which have golden tips. A really unusual later flowering peony growing to around 80cm in height.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!