- Common Name: Herbaceous peony, Paeony, Peony
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Clay, Loam, Sand, Alkaline, Neutral
- Flowers: Spring, Summer
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Clump-forming
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 50cm
(Wissing-Klehm 1981) Semi double blooms open a pink coral colour, then as they mature the colour changes to apricot and finally a soft yellow. With a mature plant holding flowers of all these shades simultaneously. This is one of the best of all peonies and no collection is complete without it. Early flowering, during May. Medium height growing to approx 90cm.. One of the most popular peonies used in the worldwide cut flower market.
How to plant and care for peonies
If you have never grown a peony before, or just need a few tips or reminders, read our care guide here!
You May Also Like…