- Position: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Moist, humus-rich soil
- Flowers: June to August
- Flower Colour: Silver-grey
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Clump-forming grass
- Height & Spread: 100cm × 90cm
An upright, clump-forming ornamental grass grown for its tall, fluffy silver-grey flower heads which occasionally have pinkish-purple tints. As the flowers age, the grass takes on a light golden yellow shade in autumn giving this particular grass a long period of interest in the garden. To avoid the grass from flopping over, this variety is best grown in full sun though somewhere in the middle of the border as the younger growth can look a little tatty if planted too close to the front.