- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Suitable for most types of garden soil.
- Flowers: May to June and September.
- Colour: White with mauve-tinted edges.
- Habit: Hardy, deciduous climber.
- Height: 2m.
- Pruning code: Light.
Lovely cultivar, which produces a plethora of white star shape blooms in two main flushes, although the plant wil almost constantly show flowers from June through to the end of September. Would be an amazing sight if grown through a dark leaved evergreen that did not need hard annual pruning. Perhaps one of the best of all white clematis.
Supplied in a 2 litre pot on a 60cm tripod.
Clematis 'Gillian Blades' (EL)