- Position: Full sun or partial shade in a sheltered position
- Soil: Moist but well-drained neutral to acidic soil
- Flowers: Winter to spring
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow-cream
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Evergreen shrub
- Height & Spread: 4m x 2.5m
An upright, evergreen shrub with glossy, dark green foliage and in winter and spring, bearing double, creamy-white flowers with a yellow centre. Camellias are best grown in a sheltered position to prevent frost damage to the buds, and need to be planted in slightly acidic soil or ericaceous compost if planted in pots.
Camellia japonica 'Brushfield's Yellow'
Kelways Guide to Camellias