- Common Name: Tall Bearded Flag Iris
- Synonyms: Iris germanica 'Black Swan'
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Well-drained soil
- Flowers: May to June
- Flower Colour: Purple-black
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Habit: Rhizmatous perennial
- Height & Spread: 90cm × 50cm
One of the contenders for the "Ive got the deepest black Iris" competition. Really deep blue black with a satiny sheen. You just want to stroke the velvety petals and beards! Good strong growing plants will reach around 85cm in height.
Bearded Iris Care
If you need help or advice on your bearded iris, read our care guide here!